Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter
With the Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter, the Z6II is an all-rounder mirrorless camera.
With the Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter, the Z6II is an updated take on the all-rounder mirrorless camera designed for high-end photo and video applications. It has 24.5MP BSI sensor and high-speed shooting with the buffer capacity to match. 4K Ultra HD video at 60p (8-Bit and DX-crop mode only). With the Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter, the Z6II is a true multimedia powerhouse, and everything that a hybrid still and video mirrorless camera is meant to be.
- Next-generation autofocus
- Outstanding low-light capabilities
- The power of dual processors
- Two card slots
- Tons of creative features
- Flexible power options
- Compatibility with a vertical battery grip
- Wireless connectivity with smartphones and laptops
More of everything
With the Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter, the Z6II builds on the extreme versatility of the Z mirrorless platform with more autofocus options, more video capabilities, more low light performance, more buffer, more frames per second… more of everything you want in a hybrid still and video camera.
Amplify your versatility
With the Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter, the Z6II is powered by dual processors EXPEED 6 processing engines. They work together for faster image processing, more buffer capacity and more overall speed.
- Dual card slots: One slot accepts CFExpress (Type B) and XQD cards. The other slot accepts standard SD cards. Use the format you prefer. Or use both slots and separate video and still files or RAW and JPEG, create a backup or maximise your onboard storage.
- High-speed shooting: Experience 14 FPS* continuous shooting at full resolution – RAW or JPG – with a buffer 3.5X larger than the previous generation and minimal EVF blackout between shots.
*When shooting in Continuous H (extended) and Single-point AF mode.
- 4K Ultra HD at 60p: Record incredibly detailed 4K Ultra HD footage with full-pixel readout. Capture in your choice of frame rates including ultra smooth 60p* with an upcoming firmware upgrade.**
*8-Bit and DX-crop mode only / **Z 6II firmware upgrade scheduled for free download February 2021
Introducing the MB-N11, the pro-level grip for the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera. Shoot vertically with comfortable controls – shutter release, command dials, Fn button and more – and get up to a 1.9x increase in battery performance*.
*1.9x is achieved when two EN-EL15c batteries are used to power the MB-N11, versus using the EN-EL15c battery in the camera alone.
More autofocus power
Optimised for stills, high-speed sequences and video work, the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera’s 273-point Hybrid AF system brings performance improvements, new options for Eye-Detection AF and easier selecting of AF modes.
See in the dark
With a big leap forward in low-light autofocus performance, the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera can find your subject in half the available light as its predecessor*. Keep shooting into the evening with the same fast, accurate AF performance.
*AF detection range starts at -4.5 EV
The AF system’s 90% frame coverage lets you compose the way you want, from the start. Either manually choose one of 273 focus points across the frame, or let subject tracking automatically select the focus points based on where your subject is within the frame – even at the far edges.
Eye-Detection: Better than ever
Nikon’s intelligent Eye-Detection AF quickly identifies and locks onto eyes – either humans, dogs or cats – for properly focused portraits. The Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera builds on the system with accuracy enhancements and more flexibility.
Right on target
Now you can use Wide-Area (L) Mode to set boundaries for eye detection. Select an area of the frame, and the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera will only look for eyes there—great for busy scenes, group shots and pet portraits.
Capture the eyes, on video
All of these features of Eye-Detection AF are also available during video recording. Easily track moving subjects and keep footage looking sharp and professional on the eyes.
The Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera builds on the Z 6’s formidable video capabilities and might just be Nikon’s most versatile video camera yet. All the benefits of the Z mirrorless system plus 4K Ultra HD at 60p*, Full HD at 120p, 4K time-lapse and so much more.
*DX-crop mode only. Z 6II firmware upgrade scheduled for free download February 2021.
Keep it simple or go big
With the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera keep it simple, record your 4K footage in-camera on a CFexpress, XQD or SD card. Step things up by attaching an external recorder (sold separately) to capture 10-bit N-Log or HDR (HLG) footage. Or go all the way with a paid firmware upgrade and compatible external recorder* and output 12-bit ProRes RAW or Blackmagic RAW format** via HDMI.
*Such as Atomos Ninja (ProRes RAW) or Blackmagic Design’s Video Assist 12G HDR recorder (Blackmagic RAW). / **Black Magic RAW support via a paid firmware upgrade available February 2021.
Slow it way down
With the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera slow down time and capture every detail of movement with 120p Full HD footage that can be played back at 30p, 25p or 24p. Add silky smooth slow motion sequences to your videos to add emphasis and drama or highlight movement.
The stability you need
Powerful 5-axis VR image stabilization keeps your photos sharp and your videos steady—up to five stops in up to five directions* (yaw, pitch, roll, X and Y). Handheld shooting made easy.
*When using NIKKOR Z lenses; based on CIPA Standards. This value is achieved when the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens is attached, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
Reverse focus rotation
If you’ve been using non-Nikon lenses for video work, the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera lets you reverse the focus ring rotation on NIKKOR Z lenses. Your muscle memory will thank you.
Create in Camera
The Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera has Multiple Exposure: Combine up to 10 exposures into one visionary composition. Compose and blend – right in the viewfinder – while shooting, or go back later and combine shots with in-camera Retouch features.
- 900-second Exposures: Paint with light. Track the paths of stars. Capture movement like never before with long exposures up to 900-seconds. Use your smartphone to trigger the shutter to avoid camera vibrations.
- Focus Shift Shooting: The Z 6II will take a series of up to 300 photos, each with an incrementally adjusted focus position. Use third-party software to combine (focus stack) the photos into a single image with surreal depth of field and sharpness.
- Time-Lapse: Making time-lapse sequences is as easy as setting up the camera and hitting record. The Z 6II will create a 4K time-lapse movie and save all the full resolution stills (when used with interval timer shooting).
- Tweak. Shoot. Create: Add another element of uniqueness and artistry to your photos and videos with 20 Creative Picture Controls, all visible in real time while you shoot, either through the viewfinder or on the tilting touchscreen display.
Share photos and videos with a client on the spot. Quickly post a great shot to your feed, and remotely control the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera. However you use it, you’ll love the convenience of Nikon’s ever-evolving SnapBridge app.
- Go remote: When you can’t be behind the lens, pull out your compatible smartphone and use it to control the Z 6II. See what the camera sees, change settings like aperture, shutter speed and white balance, then remotely fire the shutter or start and stop recording.
- Any file. Any format: Transfer full-resolution RAW images, JPGs and even 4K video files right to your phone, wirelessly. Then use your favourite apps for editing, adding filters and sharing
- Upgrade on the go: Update the Z 6II’s firmware with the SnapBridge app from almost anywhere. Keeping your camera up to date with the latest features has never been easier or more convenient.
Direct connect PC or Mac
The Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera’s connectivity doesn’t stop with the smartphone. Transfer your shots directly to a PC or Mac over Wi-Fi®*—no card readers or USB cables needed to download your photos and videos.
*Requires free Wireless Transmitter Utility software.
Live stream like a pro
Stream the sharpest, clearest, most flattering footage from the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera with Nikon’s free Webcam Utility. When using a single USB-C connection, your computer will actually power the Z 6II while capturing video. Stream for as long as you need without any extra cables, power adapters or third-party hardware.
One cable does it all
With one universal USB Type C cable (sold separately), you can provide constant power to the With the Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera, charge your battery, stream footage and transfer photos and videos. When shooting time-lapses away from a power source, get extra shoot time with a portable power bank like the Anker1 Powercore+ 26800 mAh Portable Charger.
Get The Nikon Experience
Every new generation of Nikon cameras brings improved handling, more intuitive operation and time-saving workflow enhancements. Yet, every generation also retains that unmistakable superior Nikon feel.
That just-right feel: Like all Nikon cameras, the Z 6II handles like a dream. A deep grip design. Balanced weight. Sturdy build with smart button placement. Even the EVF is thoughtfully extended to prevent your nose from pressing up against the back of the camera.
Tough. As expected: The Z 6II is ready for what’s next. Its skeleton is forged from Magnesium Alloy for an optimal balance of strength and lightness. Its exterior is fully weather sealed to keep dust, grime and moisture out. Don’t baby this baby.
More clarity. Less blackout: Experience the best view through the Z 6II’s advanced viewfinder with minimal blackout between shots during high speed shooting (Continuous H). Nikon optics magnify the 3.6M-dot Quad-VGA EVF, and what you see is how your shot will look. Exposure, ISO, white balance, Picture Control and creative filters are all applied in real-time. You can customise what information gets shown in the viewfinder – or hide it all for a pure view.
Make it yours
Prefer back button focus? Often switch between Picture Controls? Need a quick way to select focus area? No problem. Add your favorite functions to the i-Menu then access them from the LCD or EVF. Customise Fn buttons or reassign buttons you don’t typically use to activate your go-to modes, menus or settings. Navigating the camera’s intuitive, clean user interface is a breeze.
Help. Right at your fingertips
Not sure what a setting does? Just tap the (?) button and a brief explanation will pop up in the viewfinder or on the LCD. It’s like having a quick reference guide built into your camera.
Made for Z-Mount lenses
Breakthroughs of the Z Mount, the largest full-frame lens mount of any system, have given way to some of the most advanced, optically pristine lenses ever – NIKKOR Z. The Z 6II is compatible with them all, each one delivering a new perspective and drawing peak performance from the camera.
Plays nice with F-Mount lenses
Attach the optional Mount Adapter FTZ and extend full compatibility to over 90* F-Mount NIKKOR lenses: full frame fisheye lenses, macro lenses, fast primes, super-telephoto zooms and everything in between.
*Approximately 360 classic F-Mount NIKKOR lenses can be used with varying compatibility.
- 5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- Dual EXPEED 6 Image Processors
- UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- 14 fps Cont. Shooting, ISO 60-51200
- Two Card Slots for Instant Backup
In the Box
- Nikon Z 6II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens and FTZ Adapter
- Nikon EN-EL15c Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery
- Nikon EH-7P Charging AC Adapter
- Nikon UC-E24 USB Cable
- HDMI/USB Cable Clip
- Nikon BS-1 Hot Shoe Cover for Nikon SLR Cameras
- Nikon AN-DC19 Camera Strap
- Nikon BF-N1 Body Cap
- Nikon DK-29 Rubber Eyecup