Nikon 70-200mm F4G AF-S ED VR Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR Image Stabilization
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Covering a versatile range of telephoto focal lengths, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR from Nikon is a nimble solution for photographing a range of subjects, from portraits to sports. Its constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a more compact and lightweight alternative to an f/2.8 zoom. The optical design employs a trio of extra-low dispersion glass elements to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations and both a Nano Crystal Coat and Super Integrated Coating help to suppress flare and ghosting. In addition to the optical advancements, this lens is also distinguished by its VR image stabilization system, which compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Also, a Silent Wave Motor is used to provide fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 4 stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.