Benefitting handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds, an Optical Image Stabilizer has been incorporated into the lens design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops. A lead-screw-type STM stepping motor is also featured, which produces fast, smooth and near-silent autofocus performance to support both stills and video applications. For increased control, full-time manual focus operation is also available for making fine-tuned focus adjustments. Additionally, pairing well with the compact form factor of the EOS M-series of cameras, this lens also features a retracting design to shorten its overall length to just 1.75″ long during travel and storage.
- Standard wide-to-short tele zoom lens for EF-M mount APS-C format mirrorless cameras provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range.
- One glass-molded (GMo) aspherical element and two precision-molded (PMo) aspherical elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for greater sharpness and clarity.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings help to control lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake to better enable taking sharp handheld photos in difficult lighting conditions.
- Lead-screw-type STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) lets you instantly switch to manual focus control in AF mode for making fine-tuned adjustments.