Canon EF 1.4x III Extender
The Canon EF 1.4x III Extender is designed for Canon EF mount L-series telephoto lenses, and increases the focal length of a lens by a factor of 1.4x.
The Canon EF 1.4x III Extender is designed for select Canon EF mount L-series telephoto lenses. It increases the focal length of a lens by a factor of 1.4x while still delivering superb image quality.
To ensure the best possible image quality in all shooting conditions, it combines redesigned optics, improved data communication between lens and camera and enhanced environmental protection.
It is ideal for photojournalists and wildlife, nature and sports photographers who need to get close to distant and challenging subjects and it reduces the need to carry heavy telephoto lenses.
The Canon EF 1.4x III Extender features seven optical elements in three groups and all optical elements have Canon‘s Super Spectra coating to reduce ghosting and flare. A new Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements makes marks, such as spots left by water or fingerprints, much easier to clean than standard coatings.
To facilitate the accurate transfer of imaging data between the lens and camera body, the Canon EF 1.4x III Extender features an integrated processor which ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available – allowing the photographer to capture balanced, well-exposed images. When combined with the latest range of premium Canon L-series lenses, these extenders enable AF accuracy even when capturing moving subjects. When attached, the 1.4x extender reduces the effective maximum aperture by 1 stop.
A carefully positioned lens release mechanism also makes it easy to mount the extenders quickly, reducing the time that the camera and lens are exposed to the environment. The extenders offer the exceptional build-quality expected from Canon‘s professional products, and are resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions.
Note: This converter is only compatible with fixed focal length L-series lenses 135mm and over, as well as the EF 70-200/2.8L, EF 70-200/2.8L IS, EF 70-200/4L, and EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L.
Additionally, please see the lens and/or camera body manual for full autofocus compatibility information with the Canon EF 1.4x III Extender.
- Carefully positioned lens release mechanism makes it easy to mount the extender quickly, reducing the time the camera and lens are exposed to the environment.
- Integrated processor communicates between camera and lens and ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available.
- All optical elements use Canon‘s Super Spectra coating, reducing ghosting and flare.
- Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements keeps soiling, smears, and fingerprints to a minimum.
- Sealed to be resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions.
- EF Mount Teleconverter
- 1.4x Magnification Factor
- Microcomputer Controlled
- Communication Between Lens & Camera
- Spectra Coating Reduces Ghosting/ Flare
- Protective Fluorine Coating
- Dust and Water Resistant
- Compatible with Select EF Mount Lenses
In the Box
- Canon EF 1.4x III Extender
- Canon Extender Cap E II Front Cap for EF 1.4x & 2x Tele Extenders
- Canon Lens Dust Cap E (Rear Lens Cap)
- Canon Lens Case LP811
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
CLICK HERE for other options.